Below we explain how and why we collect information about our visitors and users. The users' trust is important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
1. INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
This privacy statement applies to rognanhotell.no, and affiliated publications and services.
2. THIS IS WHY WE STORE INFORMATION
We store information for several reasons:
- In order for the system to recognize our users, so that they can use our services
- To have a confirmation of purchase / registration
- In order for our users to be able to sign up for our events
- To target or remove ads and editorial content that is relevant / irrelevant to you
- To be able to send you up-to-date information on courses and conferences you have signed up for
- To develop and improve our services by understanding how they are used
- To process application
3. WE DO NOT USE THIS INFORMATION
Information you provide to us is only stored in our systems. The information will not be resold and will only be used to provide you with more relevant information and better services.
Third parties (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) will be able to extract IP address and data based on your browsing patterns. We are obliged to ensure that these third parties process data in accordance with Norwegian regulations.
4. HOW THE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
It is logged which websites are visited, time, browser and from which IP address the visit comes from.
USER ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
When registering a user account, we store the email addresses.
We can also store optional information such as full name and phone number.
COURSE AND CONFERENCES REGISTRATION
When registering for our courses and conferences, we will only save the information you provide when registering.
5. INFORMATION STORED LOCALLY
We also include items from third-party services such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Google+, which load their own cookies that readers have on these services before.
5B. HOW DO WE STORE THE DATA?
- Data is stored at Seria's subcontractor Cerpus, which has the operating units at Blix Solutions in Oslo. Backups older than 1 year are also stored offline, in a fireproof safe in Bodø. Passwords are encrypted.
5C. HOW LONG WE STORE THE DATA?
- Data is stored as long as the website is in operation.
6. TREATMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION / COOKIES
Personal data will be stored in our database, processed and published in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Act, and as stated below.
Please see the Personal Data Act at Lovdata. More about basic privacy, see "What is personal information?" At the Data Inspectorate.
Your personal information will be processed by Seria AS, who is the service manager, and our IT providers for the purpose of providing services and for improving the services.
We also sometimes engage other companies to contribute to our development, and in such cases, we can provide these companies with the information they need to do so. Your personal information will otherwise not be disclosed to others without your consent, or we are legally obliged to extradite you.
Your personal information is stored within the EU / EEA area, and in accordance with Norwegian privacy legislation.
8. REGISTERED PROFILE DATA, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The information you provide when registering (name, email etc.) and editing this profile is used to deliver and further develop the service, as well as for analysis and for statistical purposes.
- You are the one who registers the information in our database.
- You have the right to request access to the information registered about you, and if they are incorrect or incomplete, you may have them corrected, supplemented or deleted. You can do this by contacting us.
- You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted from our databases. We will meet this as long as the service you want to delete from has no specific requirements and reasons for taking care of your data.
- In case of suspected grossly incorrect information in the user profile, we can delete your account without further action.
8B. THE REGISTERED RIGHTS ALSO INCLUDE
- You have the right to request handling limitation.
- You have the right to object to the handling.
- You are entitled to data portability.
- You have the right to appeal to the Data Protection Authority.
- You have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
9. HOW TO AVOID INFORMATION COOKIES
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time, but this will make your personal settings disappear.
You can also change your browser settings, so it does not allow cookies to be stored on your hard drive. However, this results in poorer functionality on certain websites, it can prevent access to pages that require log in, and make portions of content and some features unavailable.
If you want control over which third parties use the technology for different purposes, we recommend tools such as Ghostery and Disconnect.
For more information on cookies and settings, please refer to allaboutcookies.org.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
Rognan Hotell AS org.number. 965 559 418
Visiting address: Håndverkeren 14 8250 Rognan
Telephone: +47 75 69 00 11